Data Elements: Projects.aspx
Back to Projects
Electron Flume: Puget Sound Energy
- Performed study, design, engineering and fabrication of deployable platforms with removable ladders to facilitate safe access from rail equipment to flume box sidewalls.
- Platforms were designed for low profile and to accommodate variance in flume radius and framing spacing as well as potential impact form equipment.
Developed prototype for testing . Several systems are now in use on flume.
- System designed custom platforms with integral ladder connections using Solid works computer modeling software.
- Aluminum and stainless custom fabrication with sliding clamps and hardware . Stainless cables connect hardware to prevent loss during deployment.
- Platform must accommodate overhanging obstructions from passing equipment
- 4 clamp connections connect the platform to the structure. Two are located under the removable grating insert.
- When not in use the walkthroughs are removable to allow for passing equipment.
- Personnel are on retractable lifelines mounted from deployment